Seen from the outside, this is our location at 612 St. Andrews Rd. Suite 2, Columbia, SC 29210. Please take a moment to review the following policies that we have here at our office.
- Be on time for your appointment. One late patient creates a cascade of late appointments.
- If you miss your appointment time by more than 15 minutes or take more than 15 minutes longer than your scheduled appointment, you will be charged an additional $25 fee and you will be rescheduled for a later day at the discretion of the provider. This fee is not billable to any insurance and will be charged to you personally.
- When you have an appointment, please only discuss the medical conditions relating to the scheduled patient. If another child or family member needs an appointment, we will be happy to schedule an appointment for them.
- If you no show for two appointments, all services will be suspended. You will receive a written notice via email and/or US Postal service to notify you of the suspension.
- Be polite to the staff including, but not limited to: receptionists, janitorial staff, support staff, administrative staff, nurses, aids, or any other employee of SCCIM. SCCIM reserves the right to discontinue treatment of any patient that harasses, demeans, or mistreats the staff in any way. We don't want to do it but if your behavior warrants it, we will not hesitate to do so.
- Home visits are limited to a 15-mile distance from our office.
- Failure to pay the membership for more than two months is grounds to suspend service. You will be notified via email and/or US Postal service of the suspension and thirty (30) calendar days to make your account current before it will be terminated.
- Provide at least one week notice that you need a refill of any prescription. Do so in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, DO NOT TEXT REFILL REQUESTS.
- If you have been waiting more than 15 minutes for a scheduled appointment, please notify the front desk or nurse.
- School/Work absentee notices will not be provided without a documented encounter.
- SCCIM strongly encourages patients to utilize the Patient Health Records (PHR) portal. You will receive an invite with your initial consult and the front desk can resend the invite if you have lost it or never received it.
- For your convenience, we try to stock supplements that our providers recommend. You are under no obligation to purchase them from us, but we accept no responsibility for supplements purchased from any other parties or failure to follow the directions of your medical providers.
- Failure to follow the recommended treatment plans by the providers can result in termination of care.
Policies updated 8/3/18 and will be updated as needs arise.